While golfers across the country are back out playing and enjoying the course and competitions, many charities have had to cancel their fundraising events which raise vital funds needed for their day to day operations. The golfing community have been very supportive to Saint Francis Hospice in Dublin throughout the years so the hospice looked for a way that golfers could continue to support them during this difficult time. The hospice have come up with a chip for Charity challenge and we talked to Bernadette Gillis who is the events and community coordinator, about the fundraiser.
What is Chip for Charity?
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, all our planned fundraising events, including golf competitions have been cancelled. The income from these events contributes greatly to the vital care necessary for some of the most vulnerable and precious people within our society. We have come up with what we think is a creative alternative for the month of July called the ’Chip for Charity Challenge’ for St. Francis Hospice.
The aim is to chip into a target e.g. bucket, from 10 feet away, donate through the link and nominate three friends to do the same. It doesn’t matter if you have never played golf before or miss the target it’s all about having fun and helping raise funds for St. Francis Hospice.
Who is the challenge aimed at?
It is aimed at everyone. Anyone can have a go at this, be they golfers or not, young or old. It is a great way to get the whole family involved and have some fun while raising money for a great cause.
How can I get involved?
All you do is follow these easy steps below:
- Grab a golf club, golf ball, a bucket or upside down umbrella- something you can chip into in your garden or local.
- Place the bucket/ target on the ground and take 10 steps back.
- Then chip the ball into the bucket or upside down umbrella (remember it doesn’t matter if you miss it’s only a bit of fun and you’re helping to raise funds for St. Francis Hospice).
- We would love to see your efforts, if you would like to video them and are comfortable to share them with us, please send to us on facebook.
- Donate using this link click here.
- Nominate 3 friends to Chip for Charity.
For more information on Saint Francis Hospice visit their website.
See below video which outlines the steps of the challenge.