How many Golf Clubs actually outline the benefits of becoming a member on their website or social media?
CGI have adapted Scottish Golfs resource on the Benefits of Golf Club Membership. Check out the list below:
- Unlimited Access to your Home Course – being a member gives you the opportunity to play when you like and generally as often as you like.
- Play Competitive Golf – only by being a member of a golf club can you play regular official club competitions. Most clubs offer a weekend and a midweek competition.
- Choose How Much You Play – you could choose only to play 9 holes or a smaller loop of 5 or 6 holes if the club permits. You generally wouldn’t have this option with pay as you play golf.
- A Great Clubhouse Environment – your local clubhouse can be a great place for eating, drinking and socialising with your friends, very often with value-for-money prices.
- A Sense of Belonging – membership of a golf club is a great way to be part of the local community and network with other people from the area; golf clubs often form a vital part of the local town or area.
- Meet New People – a chance to meet like-minded people, forming life-long friendships.
- Use of the Practice Facilities & Local Pro – you’ll get to improve your game on a regular basis with free use of the club’s practice facilities and access to lessons from the resident PGA professional.
- Gain an official CONGU handicap – only by being a member of an GUI/ILGU affiliated golf club can you attain an official CONGU handicap, giving you the opportunity to play competitions at your home course and others.
- Get your handicap down! – playing competitions regularly at your home club or in other Open competitions gives you the chance to get your handicap down to your targeted level – what most golfers are striving for throughout their life!
- Play in Matches against other clubs – being part of a club, you will have opportunity of representing your club in matches against other clubs, in your local area of further afield, whether you are a senior or junior, man or woman.
- Invite Your Friends – most clubs offer preferential ‘Members’ Guest Rate’ green fees giving you the chance to invite your friends to play your course. By making this reciprocal among your golfing friends, you can play many great courses at a fraction of the normal price
*Please note not all benefits will be applicable to all clubs so we advise you to pick and choose from the list to suit the specific arrangements at your club when promoting these to current and prospect members.